Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Losing Weight Leads To Obesity

After returning from Canada where we ate like kings for our entire vacation, Bri and I decided that we need to drop some poundage. We have been passively whining about gaining weight for a really long time, so we needed to find a way that we could both be motivated, and what would be more American than a little friendly competition. She and I are both incredibly competitive, so we knew if the stakes were right, we would be highly motivated to lose weight quickly.

The idea is simple. The person who loses 10% of their body weight first is the winner. And what are the stakes you ask? The stakes are big, really big. The loser has to buy a flat screen TV.

I do not want to shell out the cash for the TV, so I am highly motivated to win. How will I win? I am running far and eating right. So far it has been 24 hours, and I am realizing how much i miss these things: Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Cheese, Pizza, and beer.

I am going to track what I have been eating here and the amount of exercise I have been doing in order to get down to 181.8 lbs.

Track my progress here!

August 18th: Official weigh in was 201.8 lbs.

Food:
mixture of fat free Rosarita refried beans with 1/4 avocado with onion and pico de gallo in a brown rice tortilla

10 Snap Peas

2 bananas

3 slices of deli turkey

Exercise:
Ran 3.3 miles

First 8 minutes were at a constant pace, then started interval training running hard for 30 seconds then returning to a slow jog for 30 seconds. Repeat 6 times. Then returned to a jog and finally a 4 minute cool down.

Total time :29 minutes

Also did 20 push ups.

This morning I weighed in at 197.4 lbs. which appears to be a loss of 4.4 lbs. in 24 hours. Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

blackedout said...

Not so fatty anymore are you fatsofattyfatfat

Jamie said...

sorry our sushi outing made you fat again! ;) i guess you shouldn't eat out with a pregnant lady...