Tuesday, July 31, 2007

24 years down. 0 ninjas killed.

I just sent out the evite for my 25th birthday today, and the reality of turning a quarter of a century old is hitting me like Ike Turner. I always imagined that I would be well on my way in my career by this point, but life has turned out to be much more complicated than the standard error in my calculations had allotted. The theme of the evite has a late 70's Trans Am, a car that was made before I was born. Luckily, it is much cooler than the cars of my era. We never had the gas guzzling muscle cars of the 60's and 70's, no..we had a station wagon. My parents owned an 1986 Pontiac Parisienne station wagon affectionatley known as "Lurch." This vehicle always guaranteed an awkward ride, because as the youngest, I had to sit in the rear facing bench seat, which frequently resulted in vomiting, and often resulted in getting the finger from the drivers following because my mom was (and is) a really bad driver. ( SEE VOMITING).

Anywho, my party should be really fun, and I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks to all who came in the bar this weekend. I had a lot of fun on Sunday night.

No comments: