Thursday, October 18, 2007

The pain and the horror

Last night was Travis' 35th birthday, and to celebrate, we went out and had a few drinks. Nothing out of the ordinary, well a few more than ordinary. Enough that I decided to stay on their couch for good measure. While off in dreamland, I decided to get up and go pee. I peed successfully, but once I had finished, I totally lost blood pressure and stumbled face first into a glass cabinet that they have at their house. I shattered the glass with my head, and am lucky that I got away as easily as I did for as out of it as I was at the time. I remember hearing the noise from the cabinet shattering, but not being able to do anything about it. Luckily Jamie and Travis were there and Jamie was very sweet and put a band-aid on my head. I just drove home, and it is 7:54 A.M., so this must have happened at 7:00 A.M. this morning. My injuries include several slices on the inside of my left ear, two busted lips, a slice across my nose, several cuts across my forehead, at least one cut on my scalp, and a cut on the bottom of my nose by my left nostril.

The worst part of it all is that I wasn't drunk, and it was more like sleep walking than anything else. I am so embarrassed and ashamed right now. I will be having a pity party all day by myself, so if you want to buy me lunch or something I would appreciate it. Also, I have to work at the bar tonight, so I will have to tell this story no less than 150 times. YUCK!

And to think, yesterday I was complaining that nothing ever happens to me.

No comments: